The number of people using a movable cubicle is growing. The extra storage space it provides makes it appealing for most of the people who consider using a cubicle. It no longer just benefits the businesses that will need storage containers to put their equipment and products in but also people who simply want additional storage areas.
The thought of extra storage can be very tempting especially if you are into collections. However, before you buy your first movable cubicle, you should weigh in the advantages and disadvantages of getting one.
• It’s versatile. You can use it for things other than storage. This means that if you will not need the storage space anymore, you can turn it into something you can use like a garage or an extension of the house.
• You can easily rent it out at an affordable price. There are companies that rent out their movable cubicle at a low price. This is much cheaper than renting a warehouse for your things.
• It’s portable. You can customize the movable cubicle to your preferred storage size so it does not get in the way.
• You get to choose the size of the cubicle you will rent. This will help you maximize the amount of funds that you spent on a given amount of space.
• You can turn it into a room. This can save you a lot of money because you will only need more affordable materials to convert a cubicle into a room. This is in stark contrast to the conversion of a standard household space into an additional room. The space can become a library or a study space. Some movable cubicles can fit indoors; this gives an illusion of actually adding another room in the house.
• You can sell it after you’re done with it. If you bought it for the sole purpose of storing something for only a few months then you can sell it afterwards. A market for second hand movable cubicle will be there, because people who cannot purchase a new one will be looking for more affordable choices.
• It can be a source of income. You may divide it into spaces and rent it out to several people. This way, you get to earn back the money you spent in buying the cubicle.
There are more advantages or pros to renting a cubicle. However, much like any product available for purchase or rent, movable cubicles also have disadvantages.
• Breach is always a possibility. These cubicles are made out of materials meant to withstand wear and tear. However, it’s not entirely indestructible.
• Insulation within the cubicle cannot assure full protection from extreme temperatures, which means when it is summer; it cannot stay as cool as an air-conditioned room. During winter, if you have any form of liquid inside the cubicle then there is no certainty that it will not freeze.
• Not all town or municipalities allow the use of these cubicles. If you want to use it as a mobile house or an extension to your home, you will have to check with the town officials regarding their rules on cubicles.
• You cannot use this to transfer live animals. This is illegal in some states due to security reasons.
• The customization is one of the appeals of the cubicle. However, not all cubicles can be redesigned. It will depend mainly on the quality of the materials used for the cubicle.
• The materials wear down after some time. Your container has to endure daily exposure to the elements. Eventually, the quality will deteriorate and you will have to buy a new one in a few years.
You just have to weigh in your options to decide whether or not you still want to get yourself a cubicle. It is an investment but it can also turn into a liability at some point. You have to think about it before finally arriving at a decision.